Trail Work Day: Monolith Makeover Close-out
- WHEN: Saturday, March 10th Beginning at 9am
- WHERE: Monolith trailhead at The Quarry Trail System
- WHAT: The Monolith trailhead went through a major face lift back in late January, as we moved the entrance about 50 feet down the gravel road (west towards the quarry). The tasks at hand for this work day will will be to block off the old entrance with the creation of a berm for riders to carve into on the descent. The alternate route around the Monolith bridge needs to be upgraded with more rocks and adding some additional erosion control measures. Our goal is to fine tune this new segment and close the books on this project. Next stop will be NEW trail at Motts Run Reservoir!!!
- BRING: Check the weather and dress accordingly. Current weather looks to favorable for a great work day. FredTrails works rain or shine! Sturdy shoes and water is a must. We will provide the tools and the tunes!
- MORE DETAILS: Meet us at the parking lot to Sunshine Ball Park. Sign in and listen to a brief safety talk before carpooling down the quarry road. Tasks will require heavy lifting, digging and raking. However, many hands make light work. We will be using heavy equipment in tight places for this endeavor.
- LATE ARRIVALS: If you miss us at the parking lot, you’ll have to walk/ride down the dirt road. We’ll be right at the bottom. Be sure to sign in prior to working. Thanks for helping us manage the safety of the event.
- JOINING US?: Please RSVP so we can get a head count and plan accordingly. Kindly cancel if you later change your mind. Hope to see ya!
- Huge pre-shout out to our awesome Platinum Sponsor, Fredericksburg Deck Builders, Inc. for bringing in the equipment!
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.